Post Page Advertisement [Top]








As I mentioned to you guys on Instagram and promised a product review on this beaut that I have tried and tested, I wanted to give you guys a slight insight into the products used in this leave-in so you all can see why it is such a wonderful product to use. So I don't usually use hair  creme leave-in conditioners, as I prefer the leave-in sprays for my light, low porosity hair that I have.  I usually find the sprays better for me, however, I came across this product, and It some how manage to convenience me that leave-in creme conditioners are not as bad as I thought.

I love using ORS products especially their hair mayonnaise for my protein deep treatment, it leaves my hair somewhat, nice and soft and the mayonnaise smells nice!

ORS Monoi Oil Anti-breakage leave-in conditioner has some great benefits for your hair in terms of helping to prevent protein loss which in effect provides much stronger hair, it really does moisturize and conditions your hair making it easy to detangle with such ease, trust me it does what it says on the package.  The listed ingredients helps to reduce breakage and helps to nourish your hair. 

The product is made for natural and relaxed hair and is enriched with Omega 3&6 plus antioxidants to protect the hair from daily styling.

Omega 3 fatty acid is essential acids for our bodies that can ease any number of medical conditions, it helps to increase hair elasticity, nourishes hair follicles, increases hair strength and thickness, prevent hair loss, improve flaky dry scalp and help to improve scalp circulation.  

Omega 6 fatty acids is essential too for our bodies that helps to support our brain development, helps with our immune system and helps regulate blood pressure.  For our hair it controls water loss, helps stimulate hair growth, controls and helps to improve eczema and similar skin and scalp conditions.

What is Monoi Oil?


Monoi Oil is an infused perfume oil that is made from the soaking of the petals of Tahitian Gardenias aka Tiare Flowers in coconut oil. 

Tiare Flower
                               

Monoi is a word meaning "scented oil"  This oil is used by French Polynesians, they mainly used this to help soften their hair and skin. Monoi is a natural concentrated emollient that penetrates the skin, helps to re-hydrate the layers of the skin against external damages like sunburn and the wind. So you can image how useful this oil is, and how penetrating it is for our scalp!

Moni oil is used in the bath to help re hydrate the skin and leaving your skin looking soft and naturally healthy.  It is used before swimming to help protect your skin against the sun, and the chlorine in pool water, it is used as a pre-shampoo hot oil treatment that helps to repair and deep condition your hair 

Ingredients


Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Canola Oil, Stearalkonium Chloride, Glycerin, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Coconut Oil, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Olive Oil, Panthenol, Tocopheral Acetate, Tocopheral Dimethicone, Polyquaternium- 10, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Citric Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropionalm Coumarin, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Linaool

                      


Review


After using this product in my hair four times, I found that the consistency is quite thick, but i only use a small amount in my hair and it doesn't make my hair feel heavy at all, I did find it very moisturizing, and that moisture stayed in my hair throughout the day, which is great as i did not have to reapply additional product to my hair.  It does define my curls and I do not get any product build up from using this product with other cremes or custards so far! The smell is nice and not overwhelming, it has a sweet light smell of coconut and one other exotic fruit smell that I cannot put my finger on.

I would compare this product to the Cantu Coconut Oil Creme as it has the same consistency, and it is moisturizing too, but I find that the Cantu Coconut Oil Creme to be heavier for my hair, than the Monoi leave-in.

I would purchase this product again, it will be my "Go too" product for my leave in and possible for my deep conditioning treatment! 

The price for this product is £3.49 for a 473 ml tub, which is reasonable for the size of the tub, I like to use a little, and a little goes a long way.  I Purchased this from a shop in Lewisham High street next to the 99p shop across the road from Santander Bank, the shop is called Your Hair & Beauty, they seem to have a lot more up to date range of natural hair products, and reasonable in price, do go and check them out.

                                        

How I use this product


I section my hair into four just after I have washed and deep conditioned my hair, I apply the Monoi Leave-in Conditioning Creme, just a small amount for each section, I finger detangle each section, then apply my sweet almond oil to help seal in the moisture.  I conduct the LCO method as I find this method most effective for my hair than the LOC method.

I put my hair into four twist and allow to air dry throughout the day and over night, In the morning I just spritz my hair with water, apply a little of my leave in and oil and style my hair most times in a bun or  do a two braid as my protective style, which will last me for a week before my next wash.

What this product can be used for?

Step One

Daily hair use: Apply liberally to clean, wet hair. Comb or finger through for even distribution and style as desired.

Step Two

For hair refresh: Re-apply daily to fry or brittle hair or to reactivate natural curls.  Allow to dry naturally.

Step Three

Deep Conditioning Hair Treatment: Massage a generous amount of product to palms of hands and apply to clean, wet, detangled hair.  Cover with a plastic cap.  Leave in overnight or to speed up the process sit under a dryer for 1-15 minutes.  Let hair cool, then style.  NOTE: For best results on fine medium hair, rinse out before styling.

I hope this has helped you and enjoy the rest of your day.  Have you used this product before? What is your experience from using it? Would you recommend this? Or purchase this again? 



4 comments:

  1. keratin treatment is the best ..Hair becomes longer and more attractive..It helps in reduce of hair loss.

    keratin treatment sydney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Letoileuniversal,

    Thank you for your response to my post, I am happy from your experience, that this treatment works well, your comment means a lot and will encourage others to perhaps try out this treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love using this product but I have never read the ingredients until today now I see it says glycerin does this mean its may have pork in it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love using this product but I have never read the ingredients until today now I see it says glycerin does this mean its may have pork in it? You can answer me in private if you need to..thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib