Post Page Advertisement [Top]



                         

What does dressing appropriately for your age mean? What does society consider what people should wear according to their age?  I wanted a disney character t-shirt at the age of 32 years, I was told that this is not age appropriate, it is not acceptable! Do you agree?

Majority of us grown mature adults dress up like they are in thier teens, sneakers, skate shoes, short skirts, tight tops showing off their clevege.  Do you believe that mature adults should not wear mini skirts?

Number does not define your age at least that is my opinion.  It is based on your lifetyle and energy, I can look younger, have a nice trimmed body and my age would not reflect what is seen on the outside.  There are so many  women in thier 50's who is superfit and has an amazing shape, they wear any outfit and look amazing in it.

 

So what does dressing your age mean? Should this even be an issues raised? I feel that you can dress however just as long as you feel comfortable in what you are wearing and loving to appreciate your curves, shape and embracing what you have, wear your outfit with confidence!

Do you care what people think?  I am not saying that you should dress like your children, or try to revive that yourful look you have out grown, i simply mean to use wisdom and wear what you feel confortable in.  I am a stipler for wearing clothing that looks nice and keeping the rest of myself covered and left to others imagination.

" At forty, women used to exchange youth for elegance, poise and mysterious allure, an evolution that left them undamaged.  Now they measure themselves against the very young with defenses that can only be described as ridiculous." By CoCo Chanel

What a strong qoute, are you one that still exchange youth for sheer elegance or are you one that measures yourself against the young? Wear clothers that flatter your shape, get cluded up on your body shape, where clothes that compliment other items of clothing.  Do not mix tight skirts with tight tops, instead wear one or the other, but mix it up with a loose fitting top or bottom.  Buy clothes you like, but be mindful of how it looks on you, remember people will not say anything to you directly, but it is what they are thinking.  I do believe that by the age of 30 there are some items that you need to get rid of and replace them with something appropriate.

I have some ideas of what you can replace your younger, youthful items for something more flattering for your age.

Low Rise Jeans


                        
Who remembers them dawn jeans our parents detested! I never understood why people needs to see your underwear. Everytime someone woud sit down you would see it all!! Well them days are gone if you are in your 30s sweetie.

Why not replace them with slouchy boyfriend jeans, straight of skinny jeans that are well fitted!

Slouchy Boyfriend Jeans

Short Denim Skirts

Them short mini demin skirts that most of us wore in our 20's, that time has long time passed for most of us that are no longer in our 20's. Not to say that we cannot rock the demin skirts, but a pencil one would be a better benefit for you.


Bodycon Dresses

Now I am on the fence with this one, because if you have a really nice shaped and toned body, then I think you can pull this off well.  However, I do think that the length does have a part to play in this one, I would wear a bodycon dress but a midi and long length would do me good at my age in the 30's.  Bodycon dresses are not for everyone so trade in that dress for a black cocktail one 
                          

 Leggings


Now many say that leggings should be retired and worn if doing gym and or yoga, but not at the age of 30 and over.  Instead you should replace your leggings with track pants!!

                         



Hot Pants


Now I am not a fan of hot pants and never have been, I do think that hot pants should not be worn after a certain age. I do think that they can be replaced by a pair of shorts.

                                                     

Logo T-Shirts


These shirts are appropriate for the younger generation, you can replace these for a simple logo t-shirt , or graphic tee that is age appropriate.

                                 
Now I could be wrong in my approach, but I would love to hear your views on this matter. What do you consider age appropriate clothng to wear in your 20's, 30's and upwards?





Subscribe for more stories Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib