Post Page Advertisement [Top]

                                       



Hey Curlies,

I  have a review for you guys, I was very intrigued to try out this product line, and I am glad I got the opportunity too, and at such a great price I could not turn a blind eye to it. I have 3c / 4a hair type, my hair is not thick, nor thin but I find that hair custards works better in my hair, than hair creams.

What is My DNA?


This natural hair brand is one that caters for all hair textures  whether kinky, curly or wavy, when creating this product line, they had you in mind in creating the finest natural hair products possible, they listen to us and they produced, but have they??

Their concept behind their brand is based on the discovery of natural plant based ingredients, they have sourced  five main ingredients, to bring the finest of finest hair product line that you and I can enjoy.

Spirals is a challenge to obtain yet this is the basis of my DNA's concept, so these ingredients will help to get those perfect spirals that we long for.

Five ingredients that matters


> Monoi de Tahiti ( Monoi Oil is an infused perfume oil, the petals of Tahitian Gardenias  is soaked in coconut oil for a month to create the Monoi Oil.  It is used to soften hair and skin.  This oil helps to heal any damages in your hair and prevents further damages due to the anti-oxidants property it, because this oil has coconut oil in it, it will help to reduce frizz.  This oil penetrates the hair shaft which will help to keep cuticles flat, and in aid of smooth hair.  It will give you shine, provide your hair with elasticity and strength, as this oil has vitamin E in it.)

>  Aloe Vera helps with detangling of hair, provides moisture, helps to heal your scalp, helps remediation of dandruff, it restores you PH levels and decreases frizz it has anti-inflammatory for the scalp and generation of hair growth.

> Argan Oil also known as " Liquid Gold" is an organic product that has been extracted from the kernels of the argan tree.  It has fatty acids and vitamin E properties in it that is great for your hair and skin.. Argan is proven to make hair softer, silkier and shiny, it helps to treat split ends and tame frizz.

> Coconut Oil helps to stimulate hair growth by getting deep into its follicles.  It promotes healthy scalp by fighting against problems like dandruff.  It adds luster, shine and softness to your hair and prevents breakage and split ends.

> Shea Butter is a solid fatty oil that came from the nuts of the Karite tree. Shea butter is effective in soothing dry, itchy scalp it has anti-inflammatory properties in it which is great in healing any damages you have in your hair, with vitamins A & E it helps to soothe dryness and repairs breakage and split ends.

Review Time!!

Products that I will be reviewing are as follows:

> My DNA sulfate free shampoo 8oz
> My DNA defining custard 8oz
> My DNA moisturising hair butter 8oz

Review on My DNA Sulfate Free Shampoo


Today I have washed my hair using the My DNA sulfate free shampoo, the ingredients used in this are, monoi oil, unioil flowers, white rose and chamomile, all helps to nourish and protect  your hair and scalp.  It helps to remove product build up and residue without stripping your hair.  It does have Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein in it,if you are looking for a protein shampoo, then this one would be one recommended.  What Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein does is it helps to thicken and add volume to thinning hair, as well as shine and manageability, and it repairs damaged hair!  Its function is to attract and retain moisture into your hair, this is what will give you added body, it provides a form film on the surface of the hair shaft, that creates smoothness and shine.  Those that will benefit from using this product that contains Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, are those that either has damaged hair or those who have thinning hair.

Ingredients


Water (Aqua), Cocamidoprolpyl Betain, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Cocos Nuciferas Oil, gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Decyl Glucoside, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Wheat Oligosaccharides, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Cocamide MEA, Cetrimonium Chloride, poluquaternium-7, Glycol Distearate, Cyamposis Tetragonoloba (Guar) Gum, Polyquaternium-10, Quaternium-15, EDTA, Hydrolyzed Quinoa, Citric Acid, Fragrance (parfum), Benzyl Benzate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Amyl Cinnalmal, Citronellol, Eugenol, Citral, Geranio, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonenen Linalool.

The consistency of this shampoo is quite thick and creamy to touch, when applied to hand it lathers up really well.  The smell is not over whelming, it has left my hair feeling clean and very soft to touch and does not feel dry at all which is great,

I would purchase this again and would recommend this product for others to use, the cost of this product is 3.99 but I got it in the sale at 1.99

                                                              

Review on My DNA Defining Custard

After washing my hair and applied leave in conditioner by Aunt Jackie, and sealing my hair with sweet almond oil, I used the defining custard to help define my curls. Now this product helps to define your spiral and turns dry, frizzy hair into bouncy soft and well defined curls.  This is a alcohol free product that has Monoi de Tahiti oil that helps to lock in the moisture.  It does have silicones in it, it has sunflower seed oil, white rose extract and chamomile it.

Ingredients


ater (Aqua), Glycerin, VP/VA Copolymer, poluquateernium-37 Betaine, Hydoroxypeopyltrimonium Honey,Cocos Nuciferas Oil, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract (Moni de Tahiti) PEG-12, Dimethicone, Panthenol, Aminopropyl Phenyl Trimethicone, Quaternium-15, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosa Centifolia (White Rose) Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower, Fragrance (Parfum), Benzyl Benzoate, ButylphenylMethylpropional, Amyl Cinnalmal, Citronellol, Eugrnol, Citral, Geraniol, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, C.I. 15985 (Yellow 6)

I did find this product highly moisturisng when applied to my slighty damped hair, my curls was defined, my hair did not experience any crunchiness when dyed, but I did notice some sections of my curls had frizz.  The consistency of this product was quite runny, but a little does go a long way, I did not need to use a lot in each sections of my hair.  It made my hair feel light and very moisturised, I loved every moment of using this product, and the smell is not over whelming, it perhaps smells like Monoi or chamomile oil.

I use defining custard with other brands and find that most makes my hair hard, although they did define my curls well, the hardness and the dryness I got from using other brands was not great at all, but using this brand has enlightened me a lot, it worked well  in my hair apart from some  frizz, which I can live with, it did as it said on the package, I would purchase this product again.
                              .

Review on My DNA moisturising hair butter

I used this product the next day, after I applied water to moisturise my hair and applied my leave in conditioner.  Now this product provides moisture as well as conditions your hair, it gets rid of frizz too, it has Monoi de Tahiti and shea butter in it that helps to improve your hairs aesthetics, providing you with curl pattern specific to your desire. It does have mineral oil and silicone in it!

Ingredients


Water (Aqua), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Limanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Polyquaternium-37 Betaine, Methylheptyl Isostearate. Mineral Oil, Polyglyceryl-6 Dioleate, Hydrogrnated Cottonseed Oil, Cocos Nucifrars Oil, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Betaine, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey, Trethanolamine, Polyquaternium-72, Oleth-5, Ceteareth-25, PEG-12 Dimethicone, VP/VA Copolymer, Hydrolyzed Quinoa, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Wheat Oligosaacharides, Quaternium-15, Fragrance (Parfum), Benzyl Benzoate, ButylphenylMethylpropional, Amyl Cinnalmal, Citronello, Eugenol, Citral, Geraniol, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool.

I applied this to slightly damped hair that was placed into sections,  it is moisturising it was quite runny not thick like a butter, it did define my curls the same as the defining custard but the only difference was the feel.  My hair did feel like it was coated, it did leave my hair soft but i did not like that coated feeling on my hair.  I wouldn't purchase this product again but this product may feel different when using it in your hair, if you do purchase and try this product, do let me know how it went for you.



Image result for my dna hair butter
                                         

Results


Image result for my dna hair butter

Conclusion

Whether you are seeking a product line that provides moisture, healing properties, curl definition, shine, smoothness and tamed frizz, I can conclude that having tried some of their range I did like this brand, especially the shampoo and the defining custard, these two I will purchase again, and would recommend for you try out.  The shampoo cost me 1.99 at sale price, however, it cost 3.99, the defining custard cost 3.99, you can purchase this at the shop in Lewisham called Your Hair & Beauty.

I hope this has been helpful to you

Have you used this brand before? What products did you use? What was you view on the products? Would you recommend?





2 comments:

  1. Scamtested causes it to be simple that you earn money on the internet. We learn what performs and examine services and products and services! Saving you time and income.
    Oddsmonkey

    ReplyDelete
  2. the cost, making it a pretty good deal for a tool that will be an "upgrade" (as the founder notes), over using a foam roller or stick. Try it out, you may just find it's a great little investment for treating what ails you!!! Enjoy!!! https://www.anthonymancuso.net/the-fuego-multiplier-review

    ReplyDelete

Bottom Ad [Post Page]

| Designed by Colorlib